Friday, October 31, 2014

Alicia Keys Reveals Her Maternity Style Staple at KCA’s Black Ball



BY: KELSEY GLEIN

Alicia Keys is one hot mama! The star wowed on the red carpet in Keep a Child Alive’s 11th annual Black Ball last night in New York City, revealing her baby bump in a sparkling Givenchy gown.

“I’m feeling really good, truly strong this time around, ” Keys says of her second pregnancy. “I feel confident and comfortable. ” With a due date of Dec. 31, the star just has a few months left to go, but she is feeling well prepared. “The whole family members is excited, we are all ready. My son is so excited to be a big brother! He has excited that he’s not going to be the youngest anymore, and he has a really cool viewpoint about it. He’s always kissing my little belly and being all nice, so I’m excited for him. ”


As far as her maternity style goes, the singer says it doesn’t vary from what she normally wears. “Its basically the same, I don’t think my design has really changed, ” says Keys, who keeps true to her edgy-meets-glam design. What’s the one item she calls a maternity wardrobe staple? “I’ve already been rocking a lot of leather jackets lately. I’m loving the leather jackets. ”

Held in the stunning Hammerstein Ballroom, the event raised funds for children and families with HIV/AIDS in Africa and India, and focused attention on engaging and mobilizing the next generation of AIDS activists. Hosted by Swizz Beats and Sean Spines, the gala drew a star studded crowd-both Kanye West and Monna made surprise appearances, while guests were treated to incredible performances through Combs, Nas, Angel Haze, David Byrne, as well as Keys herself. Givenchy’s creative director, Riccardo Tisci (pictured below with West and Madonna), was privileged by Keep a Child Alive for inspiring new and compassionate ways of considering, challenging discrimination, and breaking cultural barriers in the fashion industry and past.

RELATED: Alicia Keys Is a Golden Goddess in Fragrance Campaign

Kanye West, Madonna & Riccardo Tisci at Keep A Child 
Alive's eleventh Annual Black Ball Kevin Mazur/WireImage
“Being a mother has definitely furthered my passion for Keep a Child Alive. It has really changed my view on just looking at issues going on all over the world Raising awareness for this cause is really important for me because its crucial that these children have a voice, ” Secrets says. “Being a mother has given me tons of inspiration to go in to the world and change it. Since becoming pregnant, my husband tells me to take it easy, but We can’t! I’m inspired to change the world-it is possible. ”

For more information on Maintain a Child Alive and to find out how you can get involved, visit keepachildalive. org.

View the original article here

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BACK TO TOP