Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Rosie Huntington-Whiteley's First Paige Jeans Photoshoot

Whenever celeb-loved denim brand Paige announced Rosie Huntington-Whiteley as their first ever popular face, we thought, “Of course. ” After all, she’s been a devoted fan since we started keeping track of her street style, way back in 2011. And today the supermodel and the denim line are taking us behind the scenes of Huntington-Whiteley’s springtime photoshoot, giving us a glimpse at what we can expect from the full strategy in January. Check out the photos and interview, below, as well as exclusive video (shot by Olivier Mastey) from the shoot!

Rosie Huntingon-Whiteley for Paige
OLIVIER MASTEY

The first meeting between Paige creator Paige Adams-Geller and the model herself were rather fortuitous. “I was actually in London and I spotted Rosie. She was residing at the same hotel that I was staying at, and I wanted to go over and say hello to her because I’d always loved her personal sense of style and the girl was always all over my storyboards and everything, but I didn’t wish to interrupt her, ” Adams-Geller tells PEOPLE. “That same day we went into each other shopping at a store in London, and she actually had on a single leather jacket that I had on - they were in different colors - as well as she was wearing Paige, and I was like, ‘Okay, I have to go over as well as say hi to her and introduce myself. ’ So we hit it off and I truly felt that she is the perfect ambassador for the brand, and it happened really naturally after that. ”

Echoes Huntington-Whiteley, “It’s such a sweet story actually. I’d already been wearing Paige for a long time, so the collaboration felt really organic and it felt truly real, which is what I always look for when I match with brands, and I’m a large denim lover so it feels perfect, like the perfect fit. ” Further evidence that it was a perfect fit? Huntington-Whiteley helped style the outfits she wears within the campaign - proving that she’s more than just a pretty face-slash-great legs in denim jeans, she’s also a collaborator with the Paige team.

Rosie Huntingon-Whiteley for Paige
OLIVIER MASTEY
“For me, denim is always one of my dream projects to shoot because there is so much you can do with it and it feels so real. I love that, ” Huntington-Whiteley says. “I wanted to shoot in an environment that felt real, that experienced organic, that felt natural to me - like something I would really put it on. ” Says Adams-Geller, “When Rosie showed up for our first meeting at our own headquarters, she brought her computer and opened it up and showed me personally her Pinterest board she put together, and it was gorgeous because literally the girl had about 75 percent of the same photos that I had that were inspiration photos of the feel and the vibe. It just seemed to click immediately. ”

They put with each other looks including gauzy tops, comfy shorts and silky camis for a calm, breezy look - and of course, there was plenty of denim. Huntington-Whiteley weighed in her very own thoughts on what makes the perfect pair of jeans. “First of all, I always think about where I am going. Who do I need to be in that moment? What girl do I need to be? ” she says. “I always look for a pair of jeans that are going to make my legs look good and long. I’m going to look for a pair of jeans that make me look thin, make my butt look nice and high. I think [all] young ladies look for the same things. It doesn’t matter what shape or size we are. ”

Huntington-Whiteley - whose style Adams-Geller explains as “effortless, chic and cool” - even took a stab in answering the tough question “How many pairs of jeans do you own? ” (We imagine supermodels get sent so many, they lose count. ) “I actually, on Saturday took both of my drawers - because Paige has given me personally quite a bit of jeans over the last few months as you can imagine, and my drawers have been filling up or more - so I was like, okay, I’m going to do a big throw-out and a reorganization of my denim drawers, ” she says. “So I have two drawers associated with denim. I try not to keep to much so it’s not overwhelming and I know exactly the number of pairs I have and which ones I want to go to when I’m getting dressed. I might say I probably have 50 to 75 pairs. That’s a lot! ”



View the original article here

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BACK TO TOP