Saturday, November 22, 2014

Take it Easy With Your Difficult Window Treatments


Being an engineer there's nothing I like more than a good challenge. Fortunately, renovating my home presents quite a few! I have a funny window situation in my kitchen and I've been struggling with window blinds for it. There are two pretty big windows in the corner of the room which touch each other so getting a traditional curtain rod won't work. Part of me personally would love to do the new trendy thing of leaving the windows bare however they face southwest and the afternoon sun is very strong. Plus the refrigerator is straight next to the windows and last summer, on a really hot day that kicks off in august, the refrigerator was really struggling to stay cool with the sun beating down on this. So I have to come up with a solution.

Related more: Vintage Cotton Velvet Curtains Collection

I'm leaning towards honeycomb shades because these items work really well at keeping the heat of the summer out of the house. Some manufacturers actually make triple honeycomb products that have R-values to really help make your home more energy-efficient and because of the placement of my refrigerator I think I need to use these. But the concern is still how to mount them. If I mount them on the molding they will stand out towards my computer a good distance and close in this space but if We mount above the molding how do I handle the corner?

I think I feel a trip to Window Treatments. I'll keep you posted.

View the original article here

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BACK TO TOP