Saturday, December 13, 2014

I Lost Weight: The 'Mortifying' Moment That Inspired Natasha Bunby To Lose 168 Pounds

I Lost Weight

Name: Natasha Bunby
Age: 31
Height: 5'5"
Prior to Weight: 299 pounds

How I Gained It: When I was 15 years old, my mate Cara died of meningitis. I was absolutely devastated. She was so highly respected among our group, and I really struggled to cope. I'd never had the weight problem before, but suddenly I was turning to pastries and chips with regard to comfort. At around the same time, my legs started giving way underneath me personally. It would take more than a decade before doctors finally diagnosed me with multiple sclerosis.

At the same time, I became a secret eater. My friends would always wonder why I had been getting so big, because I'd sneak chocolate and chips only when I had been on my own.

I was a single mom to my son Deon when I met Marc in 2002. He didn't seem to mind my weight; he loved me personally for who I am, not my size.

We got married and the wedding day had been supposed to be the happiest day of my life, but in truth I hated the way in which I looked. I didn't even bother to go to bridal shops for a gown; I went online and ordered one from a plus-size company.

Related: Garcinia Cambogia for Weight Loss
Related: Buy Garcinia Cambogia
Related: is Garcinia Cambogia Safe .... ?

Marc and I experienced suffered through five miscarriages since we'd been together, but in January 08, our longed-for baby boy finally arrived. I was relieved and delighted, of course , however it's difficult to be completely happy when you're that heavy -- especially because people could be cruel. One night, I went to a crowded bar with friends as well as someone shouted, "Watch out, wide load coming through! " I visited the restroom and cried, and after that I stopped going out. I became some thing of a recluse.

Breaking Point: In 2010, I was admitted to the hospital for two months to deal with complications from multiple sclerosis. One day when my mom was visiting, she and also the boys took me outside in my wheelchair. While mom was pushing me personally, she lost control on a slope and I ended up stuck in a bush. I had been so heavy that my mom couldn't pull the wheelchair out of the hedge, therefore she had to ask someone passing by to help. It was, without a doubt, the most mortifying thing that has ever happened to me.

Back at the hospital, my oldest boy seemed unusually quiet and sad. I asked him what was wrong and he stated, "If you're going to be in a wheelchair from now on, and you're too heavy for people to exert you, how are we going to take you out? " That was the level for me. I knew that when I got out of the hospital, I'd have to do something about my bodyweight once and for all.

How I Lost It: After several months of physical therapy, I decided to join Weight loss World, which is very well-known in the U. K. and is now available online throughout America. At first I was worried about joining a weight-loss program because I have the mobility issue. But on Slimming World's activity program, called Body Miracle, members are encouraged to increase physical activity at their own pace, to take small steps towards a more active lifestyle. For me, that means just walking to the end of the street or even taking a pile of laundry up the stairs. Even that can be a real achievement, and I also need to remember it.

The support I felt (and continue to feel) in Slimming World was also a key to my success when other programs possess failed. I definitely wasn't treated as "different" because of my disability; we've there for the same reason, after all: to lose weight. I was given the tools to choose for personally how to make changes in my life and health, rather than following a specific plan that more than likely have worked in my circumstance. Feeling empowered in that way -- and feeling encouraged every week, rather than criticized -- has helped my self-esteem tremendously.

After the first week, I had created lost five pounds. And I'd eaten so much food -- but the distinction is that it was all healthy. For example , instead of eating fattening snacks, I'd create homemade hummus or fat-free yogurt and fruit. My whole family is actually eating the same meals as I do, such as Slimming World-style roasts. I've because lost 168 pounds, and I've finally gotten back my sparkle which was lost so many years ago.

Since losing weight, I've discovered inner strength and courage which i never knew I had. I hope my story inspires other people with disabilities. Even though you're not completely mobile, you can lose weight and change your life for the better.

Obtained a success story of your own? Send it to us at success. stories@huffingtonpost. com and you also could be featured on the site!

I Lost Weight

View the original article here

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BACK TO TOP