Monday, November 3, 2014

Jennifer Fisher talk about Her New style collaborating on a fine jewelry collection




Jennifer Fisher started her tough-chic jewelry brand organically, after she found their self unsuccessfully searching for a special jewelry piece to commemorate the birth of the girl first child. Fisher then took matters into her own hands and a new piece that fit her unique style. Without surprise, friends and family admired the girl creation and wanted pieces of their own. That’s how Jennifer Fisher Jewelry, that could be seen on BeyoncĂ©, Rihanna, and Sarah Jessica Parker (not to mention our personal InStyle pages), was born. Less than 10 years down the road, a CFDA nomination and a recently opened flagship store in N. Y. C. later, Fisher has together with mega-retailer J. Crew. And we couldn’t be more excited.

The collection will include a series of charms and chains-which is in tune with Fisher’s propensity for infusing jewelry with personal taste and, of course , charm. The pieces represent Fisher’s indisputably recognizable motifs and include a lightening bolt, a crescent charm, and notice tags (pictured, at bottom). The collection ranges from $220 charms to $1, 400 chains and is available at jcrew. com. And because Fisher’s Instagram feed simply isn’t enough to fix our JF obsession, we caught up with the designer to style, jewelry, J. Crew, and more. Read on for a peek at Fisher’s jewellery bowl (she keeps her everyday pieces in an Alexandra Von Furstenberg bowl-cool, right? ) and a full Q&A.

How did this collaboration come about?
Right after participating in the 2012 CFDA Fashion Fund, J. Crew approached me about participating on a fine jewelry collection. Being that I exclusively sell our fine jewelry through our own website-jenniferfisherjewelry. com-I knew this would be a great way to introduce the line to a broader audience. We felt there was no better partner for this than J. Crew, especially being Jenna [Lyons, J. Crew's creative director] was my favorite determine throughout my fashion fund experience.

Why J. Crew?
Collaborating with L. Crew has always been a dream of mine as a designer; they represent classic United states fashion that never goes out of style. I have been a customer of J. Crew so long as I can remember so this just felt natural.

What was your inspiration?
We wanted to develop a collection that was representative of our brand, while being true to the J. Team customer. I think this collection is a perfect mix-the classic J. Crew really feel with designs that are staples in my line. All of the pieces have a subtle side and can be worn by anyone of any age, for any occasion.

What is your favorite item?
My favorite pieces are the Tall and Short Dog Tags-with custom words. [Pictured at bottom. ] The dog tag was the first piece inside my original collection so it holds a lot of sentimental value to me. It represents the beginning of my business and this new take on the piece shows that we are always growing. I hope customers can find the same meaning in these pieces that I have always present in mine. Charms are the perfect gift to mark different occasions or milestones, bringing significance to the wearer.


How would you describe your personal style?
Tomboy Stylish.

What comes first when building your outfit: jewelry or clothes?
Clothes precede; come before, and then I play around with different looks. Minimal or more layered, earrings or diamond necklace, but never both at the same time.

What is your favorite piece of jewelry?
My charm necklace obviously!

What are your travel essentials jewelry-wise?
I’m never without my signature mascota necklace. I would never go on an airplane without it. If I’m not really wearing it, it’s always tucked in my bag.

Do you believe in Coco Chanel’s guideline that you should always take off one accessory before leaving the house?
These days I definitely do. I have recently opted for a more minimalistic look, however my charm diamond necklace is something that always works!

To shop the entire collection including the must-have pieces beneath, head over to jcrew. com.


View the original article here

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BACK TO TOP