Friday, November 14, 2014

How Adriana Lima Gets Victoria's Secret Fashion Show-Ready




Using the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show 18 days away, it’s “crunch time. ” If you’ve seen the #trainlikeanangel hashtag popping up on Instagram alongside Angels doing some very, very intense workouts, you probably already know that we’re down to the cable. Like with one of our favorite Angels, Adriana Lima: When we caught up with her last week in her fitting for the $2 million Fantasy Bra, we could tell she’s already been busy getting into fighting shape (or…even better shape than she’s already, generally in? ). And while she told us “I love to work out; it’s a interest of mine, and even if I did not have this job I would be exercising, ” we have to wonder if the fact that she does one of the most fun and easiest-to-do-anywhere workouts sets off some of that enthusiasm. Below, how she’s prepping to sport lingerie before 9 million viewers on Tuesday, December 9:

How do you get in the mentality to train like an Angel?
I love to watch [boxing] on TV; it’s something which fits my personality. I think that’s the secret about working out, to find something that suits your personality. I’m very energetic. I can’t stay still. I’m everywhere, and I need to move around. So that’s something perfect [about boxing]: You are always moving, you’re constantly moving no matter what.

Did you play sports we were young?
Yes, I was an athletic child, yes. I did play sports, everything such as futbol-I mean soccer-basketball, handball, running, everything. I did everything, but my interest is boxing.

Have you ever gone head to head with anybody in the ring?
I actually teach in the ring, yeah. Usually I do mitts-you know, those big cushioning points, the pads that you just hit on? -that’s what I do. But I use it as physical exercise; I don’t do it for anything else. Boxing for me is [great because] it takes so much of your concentration. You need a lot of focus. If I go running, like I will be thinking about everything: what I’m gonna do, what’s the next thing, I think regarding everything. When I do boxing, it brings me to a zen place, since you have to focus and you can not think about anything else. And I love that.

What about your diet plan and eating habits, especially in the month coming up. Do you have cheat days?
Of course I do possess my cheat days.

But do you try to keep on track, especially knowing you are going to be in front of millions of people very soon?
Honestly, it’s different now because I’m not really young anymore. I’m 33, so you need to watch what you eat. I want to reside very long, so I definitely believe that you are what you eat and the only way for you to possess a long healthy life is really to take care of your food habits. That’s where everything begins. Also I have two kids at home, I want to be a good example for them. I truly try to eat as healthy as I possibly can. Vegetables, protein, knowing how to stability the right amount of carbs-that’s for me not my kids. Because my metabolism is slowing right now, I have to be careful now.

What about after you finish working out, do you have a treat that you eat?
After I work out I always have a protein shake. I make it having a banana and you can use almond milk, water, or whatever you like. Every day it is important [to drink this] after you work out, especially if you do muscle-building work.

What about after the show? Do you have a ritual, like a post-show meal?
Generally I have my mom with me at the show and some friends, so after the show all of us go and have a dinner together. This year I think my whole family is actually gonna come to London, so we’re probably gonna go to Nobu and have supper since my mom loves sushi.

Are you excited to go to London? Is it going improve your preparation at all because it’s going to be in a new place?
A little bit, but I will exercise there. I’m not sure how many days in advance we’re going to arrive there before the show. I will have my jump rope with me; it’s something easy I can perform. And I can do some exercises in the room; I don’t need a full gym. That’s something special in boxing: You can just do some shadow boxing and that’s it, you do not need a fully equipped gym to do it.

 Related: The Victoria's Secret Fashion Show Is Moving to London

And it’s true! You actually don’t have to own a lot of fancy gym equipment or pay for boutique workout classes to train as an Angel-just some gloves and maybe a jump rope. Check out Adriana’s killer skills within the ring here:



View the original article here

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BACK TO TOP