Saturday, November 8, 2014

6 Tips for Throwing a Flawless Dinner Party, Courtesy of Mr. Valentino





Things you wear to tea with Mr. Valentino? This was a question I and many other digital editors had to take into serious consideration when we stopped through the penthouse apartment of Giancarlo Giammetti, Mr. Valentino's longtime business partner, to become entertained and learn about the art of entertaining from the legendary designer. See, along with knowing how to design one hell of a gown, Valentino also throws one heck of a dinner party. (Remember that luncheonhe gave Kim Kardashian and Kanye your day before their wedding? ) In his new book, Valentino: At the Emperor’s Desk, a gorgeous collection of photographs of Mr. Valentino's personal parties and tabletops through the entire years, he reveals his favorite recipes and entertaining tips.

Over green tea and madeleines, Mr. Valentino and AndrĂ© Leon Talley waxed nostalgic regarding grand fĂȘtes of years past (from Capri to Gstaad to Rome) and the fabulous company (Jackie O., Elizabeth Taylor, Kim Kardashian), as well as provided up some sound advice on l’arte de vivre.

Rule #1: It's about the right crowd

"The people in the room are as important as the chairs they’re seated on or as the food they’re eating. "

Rule #2: Dress Up Your Desk

"My tables today, they are most like one of my dresses, I try to place in detail. Because I love objects, I love to put flowers, I love to put mint, chocolates, everything on them. And I go around to see what’s going on in my house, the items, the things and I put it everywhere. "


Rule #3: Nix the white tablecloths

"I love color. And this comes from my fashion designer profession. For instance, if you ask me which kind of tablecloth I want to put in a table, We never like so much the white tablecloth. I love the colored ones, simply because china is very beautiful on top of pale yellow, dusty pink, pale blue as well as jade green color. "

Rule #4: Seniors rule

"At my correct, I always put the oldest person, if she’s a lady. Or the oldest friend. inch

Rule #5: Separate the couples

"The American couple…they always want to be with each other. That is not nice. You have to make conversation. "

Rule #6: When in doubt, send blossoms

"I send always flowers to thank my hosts. But I prefer men and women come with nothing, because I never know where to put it. Not because I am the snob, but because sometimes maybe they buy something that doesn’t go. inch


No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BACK TO TOP