Friday, October 31, 2014

This Is the Scent of Happiness and Sangria



It is easy to predict the kind of scent you're going to get inside a bottle marked “Lil’ Angel. ” The latest perfume from Gwen Stefani’s revamped Harajuku Lovers eau de perfume line, Lil’ Angel is uncomplicated, fruity, and bright. It smells like it might sit snugly on the wrists of a teenager, or an eternally youthful mature. But is that so bad?

Like fruit punch mixed with seltzer water, Lil’ Angel is light and bubbly. The scent is like a more delicate version from the Slurpee machine at 7-Eleven, or an inexpensive sangria. It's aggressively sweet, however warms with wear (in part due to an amber base note) and it has notes of violet, sugared rose, and the strangely labelled “lollipop accord. ” It's so upbeat, I can’t help but feel happy as it rests on my skin.

The bottle grows on me, too. The turquoise Lil’ Angel on the bottle - with her chin-length curls - looks a bit such as me. We are an eau de parfum match, although I think I’ll avoid calling myself “Lil'” anything.

Related news : A Cool, Sensual Smell Inspired by Greece

View the original article here

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BACK TO TOP