Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Daphne Oz: Not Bouncing Back After Baby Was a Shock

Whenever Daphne Oz brought her daughter home from the hospital in February, the girl also brought along a very unexpected addition: her baby belly.

In the November/December issue of Fitness magazine, the new mom to Philomena Bijou admits exactly what surprised her most about motherhood was her body after baby.

“You still look six months pregnant, ” Oz, 28, says. “Your body will not instantly bounce back. ”

And the surprises weren’t over. When Oz - who else doesn’t own a scale - went for a postpartum check up, she was in for any second shock.

“I thought I knew where I’d be when I went for the first doctor appointment a few weeks after giving birth. I’d lost only 10 lbs! ” she recalls.



Daphne Oz Fitness magazine
JUSTIN STEPHENS/FITNESS MAGAZINE

Whilst she is determined to lose her pregnancy pounds, Oz says it’s only one of the long list of items on her to-do list. “It’s a priority, but it’s one of many, ” she shares.

“I’m breastfeeding, so my priorities include eating to nurture my baby, gaining muscle tone and feeling good. It’s about becoming back in charge of my body. ”

Despite the weight not “pouring off, ” Oz isn’t giving up on regaining her fit physique. “I figure it takes nine months to have a baby and it’ll take at least that long for this to come off, ” she explains.

But how does The Chew co-host stability her 8-month-old baby girl with her workouts?

“I figure out how much time I have and change my routine to fit, ” Oz, who keeps her daughter entertained within a bouncy seat during her yoga videos, says. “Philomena love being in it or carrier, so that’s how I’ll get a walk in. ”

As the girl continues to get back in shape, the new mom is making an effort to embrace her figure -- and point out all the positives!

“Focus on the things that you love about your body, ” she says. “Feel good about them and you’ll project confidence. ”

Daphne Oz Fitness magazine
JUSTIN STEPHENS/FITNESS MAGAZINE

- Anya Leon

View the original article here

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BACK TO TOP